We have had some 'firsts' lately: first day of dance class for the girls, first day of preschool for Ainslie and Finn, first day of soccer for Ainslie, first pumpkin pictures, etc.
Ainslie began playing YMCA soccer this fall. She has only had one practice, second one is tomorrow with a match on Saturday. Texas finally saw some rain and so her first game actually rained out. She is on Team Ladybugs, the purple team (her favorite color). She loves it and it excited to be playing. Let's hope it will cool down a little so the girls on her team don't get heat stroke (seriously!)
Mais and Ains also started dance through our local lodge. It's very informal, no competitions and low key. They love dressing up and have already learned quite a lot. They get so excited putting on the dance clothes and shoes, and I have to admit, I'm living a little vicariously through them as I never danced.
Ainslie and Finn are enjoying preschool. Ainslie loves her classroom and enjoys playing in there so much that she gets bummed when they have to leave to go to art or music or Bible. Of course she bounces back, but she really loves her classroom and teacher. She is learning an awful lot of cool things and she keeps me on my toes with her trivia! She loves looking after Finny too, as they follow me around at work the first 1/2 hour as the staff prepares for the day. She's constantly saying, "Mommy, Finn is running out of the room" as I try to run copies, get toys ready and chase 2 kids. Today he turned the copy machine off in the middle of a big run and all sorts of coloring sheets jammed. He laughed and I did my best to stifle both a giggle and a grimace!! They get to get all of their wiggles out after school on the playground as we kill some time waiting to get Maisie from Kinder. Finn is a big boy this year, no more baby rooms for him. No more cribs at naptime, it's nap mat all the way. Highchairs? Nah, he's eating in the big kid lunchroom (of course, he doesn't always stay seated, but that's another matter!) I knew he was getting big when he started asking for a juice box in his lunch,,,no baby cups Mom!! He said pumpkin today (gun-in) and I smiled huge! His vocab is exploding!!!!
Love to all,
Deb
Thanks for sharing all of your updates and pictures. Love them.
ReplyDelete