Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mutter's Day (Mother's Day) 2009






Mutter's Day is the official pronunciation for Mother's Day in our house by our toddlers!! I heard it all day long, Happy Mutter's Day Mama, and I didn't care how it was pronounced, just that it was so heartfelt!! (This blog promises to be mushy and generally brag-full of our kids, sorry!)

The girls' have been asking for DAYYYYS, "When is Mutter's Day Mom?" They were so excited to 'take care of me' and give me their "surprise" craft that they created at preschool. I didn't have the heart to tell them (and I hope they never read this...hmm) that I already knew what it was that they had created b/c I created them with my preschool class as well. I still was taken aback when I opened the gift, not b/c I was faking any excitement, but b/c of the JOY in their faces when I opened it. Uncle Gary was explaining yesterday why kids at that age are SO excited to give their homemade gifts. He said it's b/c for them, it's all they can give as a tangible present that is 100% THEIRS, not store bought. Well, I liked that thought and it sure rang true this morning when (as Craig later told me) they were begging to take it up to me and Craig told them to wait 'just a few more minutes' so that I could finish my annual breakfast in bed, all by MYSELF, enjoying the paper and a cup of coffee...ahh, allow me to enjoy that moment for a minute longer...ok, back to reality!! Anyway, you'll see in the pics that the kids' art teacher painted their feet green and stamped them on a large carpet square, making the leaves of a flower. Their hands were painted various colors to make the flower itself and the words "Love Grows Here" was stenciled at the top. It's supposed to be a door mat, which led to all sorts of jokes among us teachers/mom's, such as, "A doormat, are ya kidding me, are ya saying we're doormats to our kids?" etc, etc. There is no way I'm walking on that beautiful piece of art, so Craig is going to fashion a frame out of some beautiful old fence wood we have and we will hang that doormat as if it is the Mona Lisa herself!! (I told you this would be a brag session!)

Anyway, today we remembered our mommas too. And we want to give a shout out to Marilyn, Judy and Margaret and tell you we love you!! Happy Mutter's Day to all the Mother's out there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment