Friday, December 26, 2008

Fa la la la la.....






Christmas Day; what a blast!! Seeing this day through the eyes of my children was incredible. We woke at 6:30 am and the girls, Craig and I headed downstairs (Finn was still sleeping after eating at 5:30 and heading back for some zzzz's). The girls got downstairs and instantly went to their stockings. They were so excited to see that Santa had come. They went and checked out the plate of cookies and milk and saw the leftover crumbs and empty cup. "Mama, Santa ate the cookies!" What wonder!!

Christmas Eve night we went to church together and the kids got to sit in 'big kids' church' with us. It was great. After we got home, we decided to gather around our advent wreaths and light the last, Christmas Eve candle. We did, said our prayer and then the girls' got to blow out the candles. Well,,,,,Maisie leaned over to blow hers out and she leaned too far. Her hair touched the flame and lit on fire. She got so scared (and I screamed) that she flipped her head back and her hair flew over across her face and lit the other side on fire. I put it out with my fingers and I almost burst out laughing. She was fine, of course, but a little scared. Craig and I almost couldn't contain our laughter, because we could NOT believe that had just happended. Maybe you're thinking, that's not funny. But it was, poor thing. Anyway, we relit the candles and showed her how to blow them out without standing directly over them. Christmas Eve was almost a disaster:)

Back to Christmas: we opened presents for hours. It was great. The kids would open a present and then want us to open it so they could play with it. They couldn't understand why, at some point, we said let's just finish opening and then you can play. I hope our kids never lose that desire to enjoy each gift as they receive it.

Anyway, it was a long, lazy, relaxing day spent in our pj's. The girls' and I baked a birthday cake for Jesus and Daddy spent many hours taking items out of boxes, putting things together and taking the girls' out for a spin on their new scooter (Maisie) and big girl bike (Ainslie). Finn loved crawling all over the place and playing with toys, boxes, ribbons, wrapping paper, etc. The kids' fell into bed that night; happy and tired!!

(The pictures are: Christmas Eve family photo taken at church, Girls and I outside sprinkling 'reindeer food' & glitter for the reindeer to see our home, all 5 stockings, Maisie/Ainslie holding milk and cookies for Santa, Maisie as she first sees her stocking on Christmas morning)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment